Friday, March 30, 2012

A {rather long} DIY

creative goodness Winter Love

Usually when I post about my DIY adventures, they are either done in two minutes or ten minutes. I tend to have a fleeting attention span and quick-but-pretty DIYs are definitely my forte. However, on this rainy day...I set out to do something a little too intricate for my liking.

It was a dark, rainy, mystical day; my favourite sort. Stella and I were restricted to inside only activities and I have been wanting to try my hand at more child friendly crafts. So, we gathered doilies and mama chopped away at them, making snowflakes! It turns out that making snowflakes isn't as child friendly as I first thought, and other than singing "Snoooowwflake, snooooowwwflake" around the house Stella really didn't get anything out of it.

Stella Winter



With all these doily snowflakes cut out, I wanted to do something decorative with them. That's when a not-so-bright spark lit up the dreary sky and told me to stitch them together to make a wall hanging. Originally, I was dreaming gigantic and had visions of a delicate snowflake curtain. But was brought back down to earth preeeetty quickly. I don't know why I didn't settle for double sided tape or craft glue, instead I spent the entirety of Stella's nap time hunched over pieces of paper with a needle and thread, cursing.

The end result is pretty, but gosh! What a tedious, frustrating DIY!





What craft activities to do with your children? Do you have any child-friendly ideas you can share? I'd love to see what other mamas spend rainy days doing with their little ones!

Plenty of love,

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! If I did that with Peter he would want to cut them up. We do lots of painting. I make Peter slime and he has lots of fun with that. I can't think of any crafty ideas!

    ReplyDelete