Friday, September 16, 2011

A trip away...


 To celebrate my heart being stolen, I ventured away for the weekend with its thief. I had the weekend off 'mama duties' as Stella was with her Dad, so what perfect opportunity to spark some romance without a sippy cup in my handbag!

We drove a short and sweet 2.5 hours, in which time I managed to inhale an entire packet of skittles and a kit-kat. Mini holidays must be accompanied by sweet and naughty treats right? It was late when we arrived at our destination, so we checked in, dropped our bags and headed out for pizza and pasta. Being the intense party animals and thrill seekers we are, we then bought two cheap bottles of wine and proceeded to watch bad TV, drink from the hotels finest plastic and talk until the early hours of Saturday morning from the comfort of a hotel bed.


Saturday started with a big breakfast. I had the most incredible smoothie my taste buds had ever experienced...Toasted muesli + banana + Yogurt. We then browsed the Salamanca Markets, If you are ever to visit Tasmania, or are lucky enough to be located on this humble yet beautiful island, the Salamanca Market is a must. I purchased something special for myself and something special for Stella, both of which I will share and review with you very soon!


Next came MONA. I am still unsure as to which the best way describe MONA is. I was planning on sharing some photos with you, but once there for ten minutes decided against it. MONA is the newest attraction to grace Tasmania and attract it certainly has. Showcasing ancient, modern and contemporary art, visit with an open mind and be prepared. And visit I would recommend.


Saturday night luck was with us. We had booked in for a night at the Henry Jones Art Hotel and were looking forward to a little luxury for our moneys worth. However, the Henry Jones had decided that we deserved more than a little luxury and upon check-in we were told of our upgrade! The Peacock Terrace. An overflowing spa, Tasmanias oldest spiral staircase, original artworks and views of Hobarts beautiful waterfront. It was luxury all right. How lucky we were!

We decided that instead of wasting time away from this amazing terrace that we had all to ourselves, we would settle in for the night. Again, in true class and style we got takeaway butter chicken and bottles of wine. We wined, lazily dined and reclined. All whilst in our Henry Jones bath robes. Thank you Henry Jones for an amazing night.




Sunday, was my favourite out of the whole trip. Stellas Dad bought her down to meet us as he was also having a trip away (small town), we exchanged the baby gear and said our hello/goodbyes and then spent the rest of the day as a threesome. Mama + baby + boyfriend. It was the most enjoyable day I have had in a long time. We visited the museum, shopped in the city and then spent late afternoon and night with my Dad and his fiancee. It was the first time since Stella had been born that I felt truly complete. The picture had been finished, the missing gaps filled in. It was perfect.

That, was a long-winded description of my weekend away. If there is one thing you do regardless of budget, regardless of lifestyle...let it be exploring your own home. Visit your own state as though you are a tourist, see the beauty and experience the attractions with fresh eyes. And do it preferably with a loved one. Or a loved two!

...Plenty of love...

1 comment:

  1. I think your are the most amazing and luckiest woman in the whole wide world! =) I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete