Friday, July 8, 2011

Two days to go!

Only two days left to go and it's party time!

Tonight I have a date with Sophie and Lauren to shop for food, organise platters, start blowing balloons and last minute decoration preparation. I am feeling nice and organised now and am just looking forward to Saturday. My dear friend Emily is watching Stella Saturday morning and encouraging her to sleep whilst we set up at the venue and rush around madly.

I was chatting with Lauren over some pom poms and red wine the other night (as we do). We were talking about the party and the lengths I am going to to make it as amazing as I can. I started off the conversation with "People think I'm crazy" but after much thought and reflection I had come to the conclusion that this party is more than just a gathering for little toddlers and their parents to eat cake. Its a celebration of a tremendous year. Celebrating my first year of motherhood, Stella's first year of life. Celebrating what has been a very challenging and emotionally draining year. We have come out on the other side happier than ever, with a stronger and more amazing support network. It is to celebrate the beautiful and inspirational people Stella and I are sharing our lives with, and they will all be there.

So let me indulge in a little 'over-the-top' party planning and executing and lets celebrate Stella turning 1 plus much, much more. I'll leave you with some little teaser photos! Only 2 days to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment