Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Indulgence in a chair

It's here!
Today the postman brought me something I've been looking forward to for a long time.
When I first found out I was pregnant I started a scrapbook of all the incredible baby gear I NEEDED. The latest, coolest, most designer stuff thats ever been dribbled on. I was hit with a reality check when I browsed local baby stores and looked at prices online. The items I wanted would nearly have cost me my annual wage in total!

But...there was one indulgence that I was determined not to skimp on. I had my eye on it since before Stella was even thought of and I had saved and saved and saved for it.

...The Highchair...

Not just any highchair, Its a total and utter machine of a thing. It is like the king of highchairs.
The Rolls Royce of models.

The Bloom Fresco loft highchair. It is nothing short of amazing. If it was possible to be in love with a chair, then I am smitten.






It can be used from birth to school age, So has a longer lifespan than a standard highchair. I really wish that I'd had it when Stella was a newborn as it would have been so handy to have as a day bed/lounger for her. I can just picture her using it as a chair to do her drawings and homework in too (such a scary thought that she will ever be that big).

Not only is it functional, but it looks stunning. The height can be adjusted to suit breakfast bars and counters. Just like a sophisticated bar stool for a baby! And...it has a leatherette cushion. Yep, leather!
The colours available would put a bag of jellybeans to shame, the tray is dishwasher safe and it has a 360 degree swivel. The leather inserts can be purchased separately so colours can be mixed and matched to fit with any decor!

It is a dream. Come. True.

I was able to set it up by myself in around 30 minutes. Its definitely 'un-coordinated girl' friendly! Because the chairs aren't available in any Tasmanian stores, I ordered mine through Bebe Online. The service was fantastic.


If you are able to indulge in one baby buy, I would recommend this chair without hesitation! Go on, treat your baby! (and yourself!)

Meanwhile, i'm polishing this chair daily and basking in its awesome-ness!

1 comment: